Basic FunctionThe MT is a critical support position for the Baltimore Water Taxi, which operates a fleet of small passenger vessels within the City of Baltimore. The MT has the primary responsibilities of maintaining, repairing, and ensuring the functionality of all assets in use by the organization. It is imperative that all assets are consistently operating in a safe and efficient manner, with a professional appearance. The MT must be familiar with, follow, and enforce all organizational policies and procedures. The MT is responsible for supporting a fleet of United States Coast Guard (USCG) inspected vessels to ensure they are being properly maintained and operational at all times. The MT reports to the Director of Maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing complex diagnostics, service repairs, and maintenance work on USCG inspected vessels and physical assets of the organization
- Responsible for ensuring that the expectations for the daily operating plan are met
- Responsible for ensuring that all mandated preventative maintenance is being performed in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance (PM) plan
- Responsible for monitoring maintenance conditions that could adversely affect operations
- Responsible for being familiar with the operation of maritime vessels
- Responsible for heavy lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds), the use of hand tools and power tools, bending, stooping, shoveling, and other physically demanding tasks daily
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of company assets and keeping abreast of all changes in various models of equipment and components
- Responsible for responding to rush situations as the need arises and have the flexibility to change routines and schedules
- Responsible for the delivery of superior customer service and support through manpower and assets
- Responsible for keeping customers safe and secure while entreating with manpower and using assets
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for conduct in the presence of customers that reflects positively on, and embodies, the mission of the organization
- Responsible for updating and supporting vessel maintenance logs
- Responsible for documenting all repairs and maintenance accompanied by purchase orders, warranty information, detailed descriptions, serial numbers, part numbers, time, and materials consumed
- Responsible for assisting the management team (including, but not limited to the President, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Sales and Marketing Manager, Office Manager, Director of Maintenance, and Director of Operations) in any reasonable request directly related to the daily operations
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Customer Service
This is a full time position at 8 hours a day. Evening and weekend work shall be required as job duties demand.
This position requires travel in/around the operating area.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma with at least 2 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have maritime-oriented project experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Merchant Mariners License, MD Boater Safety Certification, ABYC Certification
- Supervisory experience
- Small business experience