Reporting | Director of Sales & Marketing Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status | Exempt; Part-Time; Seasonal
Basic FunctionThe Business Development Intern will be a member of the fast-paced sales and marketing field team. You will be responsible for selling tickets, building awareness of our service locally, representing BWT at events, creating photo and video content for social media, and more. The Business Development Intern is creative, loves working with people, thinks on their feet, and constantly tries out new ideas. This position is for an ambitious self-starter who wants to learn the skills to grow their own business one day.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Positively represent the Baltimore Water Taxi, its brand and mission to the general public.
- Work in a highly competitive environment with a diverse group of people all focused on a common goal.
- Build awareness and adoption of our service
- Perform grassroots sales activities, including but not limited to:
- Dock sales at high traffic stops
- Neighborhood canvassing campaigns
- Representing BWT at festivals and events
- Outreach to local hotels, businesses, apartments
- Take creative photo and video content for social media and website
- Do customer support, answer questions, and resolve conflict to ensure a world class experience for our riders
- Take part in weekly meetings to discuss what’s working, brainstorm new ideas, give and receive feedback
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Passion to learn and a willingness to listen.
- High school diploma.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be effective working independently as well as working collaboratively with diverse teams; ability to adapt effectively to a changing work environment.
- An excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with and effectively present to owner(s), executive management, BWT’s board of directors, and staff.